ROBERTA KING LATHAM
- Defense Litigation/Trial Practice
- Professional Liability Defense
- Employment Issues
- Workers Compensation Defense
- Appellate Practice
- Insurance Coverage
- Martindale-Hubbell Rating "AV"
- Super Lawyers, Civil Litigation Defense (2014)
- Super Lawyers, Rising Stars, Civil Litigation Defense (2011, 2012, 2013)
- Business North Carolina Legal Elite, Young Guns (2011, 2012)
- Women Extraordinaire Recipient, Business Leader Media (2010)
- America's Most Honored Professionals (2011)
- Charles F. Blanchard Outstanding Young Lawyer Award, NCBA YLD (2007-2008)
- Wake Forest University (B.A., cum laude, 1997)
- Pi Sigma Alpha
- Golden Key
- Wake Forest University School of Law (J.D., 2002)
- Member, Wake Forest Law Review
- Member, Wake Forest Moot Court Board (Evan A. Evans Constitutional Law Moot Court Team)
- Recipient, CALI Excellence for the Future Award in Legal Research and Writing
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Chair of Young Lawyers Division (2010-2011)
- Co-chair of Leadership Academy (2014-2015)
- North Carolina Bar Association Foundation
- Board of Directors (2010-2011)
- CLE Committee (2010-2014)
- Vice-Chair (2014-2016)
- Marketing Subcommittee Chair (2012-2014)
- Endowment Committee (2009-2010)
- North Carolina Association of Defense Attorneys
- Board of Directors (2011-2014)
- Young Lawyers Committee Chair (2009-2010)
- Chair of Women Litigator's Committee (2013-2014)
- American Bar Association Young Lawyers Division
- Touch 10,000 State Coordinator (2010-2011)
- District 9, North Carolina Representative (2008-2009)
- Forsyth County Bar Association: Young Lawyers Division
- Executive Committee (2005-2008)
- Treasurer (2006-2007)
Presentations and Publications:
- "Ethical Considerations Regarding Expert Witnesses," part of Mastering the Expert Witness Deposition CLE for the North Carolina Association of Defense Attorneys, August 1, 2013.
- 2-hour continuing education program for nurses, "Legal Aspects to the Faith Community Preparation Course" for the Congregational Nurse and Health Ministry Program approved by the International Parish Nurse Resource Center, October 21, 2010, October 20, 2011, October 18, 2012, October 16, 2013, and October 22, 2014.
- Moderator at the North Carolina Bar Association's New Admittee Professionalism Program, a mandatory Continuing Legal Education program for newly admitted North Carolina attorneys, on September 22, 2011, at the Benton Convention Center in Winston-Salem.
- Instructor at "Medicine and Law 101 – A Medical Legal Liability Seminar for Health Care Providers": May 30, 2009, March 25, 2011 and April 12, 2013, Wake Forest University Baptist School of Medicine.
- A Survey of Rule 11 in North Carolina, Judge W. Erwin Spainhour (Cabarrus County Senior Resident Superior Court Judge) and Roberta King Latham (Bennett & Guthrie, PLLC), 28th Annual Meeting of the North Carolina Association of Defense Attorneys (June 2005).
- Forsyth Woman Magazine, "The Last Word", September, 2014, http://www.forsythwoman.com/the-last-word-with-roberta-king-latham/.
- Keynote speaker at Wake Forest University Panhellenic Council Fashion Show, October 28, 2013 and October 28, 2014, regarding breast cancer. Old Gold & Black.
- Forsyth Woman Magazine, Women on the Move, May, 2012.
- Board of Directors of the Northwest North Carolina Affiliate of Susan G. Komen (2012-present)
- Vice-President (2014-2015)
- Public Policy/Advocacy Chair (2013-2015)
- Board Development Chair (2014-2015)
- Women's Fund of Winston-Salem, part of The Winston-Salem Foundation (2014)
- Wake Forest University School of Law Litigation Clinic Supervising Attorney (2008-Present)
- United Way of Forsyth County
- Young Leaders United (2011-2014)
- Community Impact Council (2006-2008)
Other Memberships and Activities:
- North Carolina Bar Association - Young Lawyer Initiatives Task Force (2010-2012); Board of Governors Nominating Committee (2012)
- North Carolina Bar Association Young Lawyers Division - Immediate Past Chair and Chair of Nominating Committee (2011-2012); Chair-Elect (2009-2010); Chair of Disaster Legal Services Committee (2008-2009); Division Director, (2007-2008); Chair of Poverty Issues Committee (2006-2007); Poverty Issues Committee (2005-2006); Nominating Committee (2012)
- North Carolina Association of Defense Attorneys - Young Lawyers Committee, Vice Chair (2008-2009); Executive Committee (2004-2007)
- Defense Research Institute
- Joseph Branch Inn of Court (2008-2010)
- All North Carolina State and Federal Courts