Bennett & Guthrie, PLLC is a law firm in Winston-Salem, North Carolina, concentrating in civil litigation, primarily representing businesses and insurance companies in defending actions involving commercial disputes, medical malpractice, nursing home liability, general and professional liability claims of all types, insurance coverage, employment issues, workers compensation, and a multitude of complex claims.
The firm's attorneys are experienced in alternative dispute resolution and take an active role in assisting clients in avoiding litigation whenever possible.
The firm's attorneys practice in the North Carolina state and federal courts at both the trial and appellate levels and are frequently called upon by attorneys from other states to serve as local counsel for their clients.
- Richard Bennett is now a North Carolina certified mediator.
- Roberta King Latham was recently elected Vice-President of the Board of Directors of Susan G. Komen Northwest North Carolina for 2014-2015.
- On April 14, 2014, Josh Bennett moderated a forum hosted by the Forsyth County Bar Association for the five candidates running for the new District Court seat in Forsyth County.
- Three Bennett & Guthrie attorneys were selected for inclusion in 2014 North Carolina Super Lawyers®:
- Richard Bennett, Super Lawyers, Personal Injury Defense: Medical Malpractice
- Roberta King Latham, Super Lawyers, Civil Litigation Defense
- Joshua H. Bennett, Rising Stars
- Bennett & Guthrie was recognized by U.S. News & World Report in America's Best Law Firms for 2014 in Insurance Law, Personal Injury Litigation Defense, Commercial Litigation Defense and Medical Malpractice Defense.
- Rod Guthrie is now a North Carolina certified mediator.